Sharpstar-optics is excited to launch the newest Aspherical Cassegrain OTA SCA260 with short focal ratio. This system is to make up for domestic market today. The primary mirror is aspherical with higher grinding difficulty, its production and testing requirements are more complex than traditional primary mirrors. Its carbon fiber tube is lightweight, durable and generous, and the use of like Pyrex materials is more stable than traditional materials.
The primary and secondary mirrors are all made of enhanced aluminum coating, and the reflectivity is guaranteed to be above 95%. The secondary mirror has a new lever adjustment function that can be moved in a horizontal position. The 3-inch dedicated focuser ensures smooth operation without slipping when astrophototgraphy with accessories.
All CNC aluminum parts and novel hollow handles can be connected to different accessories, and the appearance and mechanical quality are of high standards design to meet the wants and needs of today’s demanding astronomer.
The optical path includes a triplet 3″ field flattener, combining the system ensures full-frame photography and vignetting control. The two M54×0.75 threads and M48×0.75 threads at the rear of the focuser can meet different needs, are convenient to connect to most commercially available imaging-terminal and achieve perfect focus.
- Primary mirror aperture: 260mm
- Focal length/focal ratio: 1300mm/f5
- Primary mirror type: aspherical reflector
- Primary mirror material: PZ33 (same as pyrex glass)
- Corrector rear group combination: quadruplet air-spaced
- Minor axis diameter of the secondary mirror: 120mm
- Secondary mirror type: spherical
- Image circle range: 80mm
- Tube material: carbon fiber
- Outer diameter of tube: 280.5mm
- Tube length: 712mm
- Tube weight: 15kg
- Resolution: 0.46
- Focuser: 3.2 inch
- Visual limiting magnitude: 13.8
- Back focus: 75mm (calculated from the end of M54 thread)