Optional items are available as below:
1) Lens Hood+Dust Cover : The Lens Hood offers protection from street lights in your area and can improve the contrast to give better quality images. It also prevents or slows down dew formation on the lens surface of the S50. This excellent quality hood allows a 2″ filter to be screwed near the bottom and is compatible with the McGill S50 Bahtinov Mask for fast and precise focusing of stars! The Dust Cover prevents unwanted dust and small insects from entering the lens surface when the S50 is not in use. The S50 does NOT come with any dust cap or cover.
2) Dry Box : This is a high quality and affordable air-tight storage box which protects the S50 from high humidity levels, especially in Singapore and the tropics. Failure to control humidity and moisture over time will cause fungus/mould to develop on glass surfaces and sensor inside the S50, thereby damaging the product and shortening its lifespan. Our dry box comes with an useful rechargeable dehumidifier and have ample space to store other sensitive equipment such as a small camera or some lenses. The colour is either blue or grey, to be sent by random. 24-litre capacity. Always store the S50 in this dry box when not in use. The original case is not air-tight!
3) Tripod Level : The S50 may prompt the user to perform levelling to ensure the telescope is able to function properly. With the help of this item which is to be connected to the base of S50, proper levelling can be done quickly and easily.
4) Bahtinov Mask : High accuracy, good quality focusing mask which ensures that the S50 is always at correct focus! 3D-printed from premium grade materials. Makes focusing of stars fast and easy when used in conjunction with the manual focus function in the Seestar mobile app. After finding out the optimal focusing position for your shooting, you can set that position as the default position on the app.
5) Quick Release Kit : Consists of a quick release plate mated to a companion mount. Allows the Seestar S50 to be deployed rapidly on site. You no longer need to screw the tripod to the S50 slowly and carefully in the dark! The quick release plate is permanently installed to the base of the S50 while the mount is installed on the tripod. You will hear a click sound when the plate is properly connected to the mount. It is safe and fast! Detaches easily too. The trade-off is the original hard case can no longer be used. Anyway customer feedback is that the original case is too hard and heavy, which is probably designed for safe delivery to the customer, rather than for normal use. Get our lighter camera backpack for S50/tripod instead, which also offers hands-free transportation and allows storage of the lens hood, dust cover and other accessories.
6) Padded Pouch : This well-padded pouch with 12mm thickness (fully compressed) allows you to carry the S50 in place of the supplied hard carrying case which can be pretty heavy. Popular for users who prefer to travel light and with comfort. Just insert the pouch into any medium size and well-padded backpack, which should preferably have a side pocket sleeve to store the small S50 tripod.