Custom Finder Kit for CELESTRON StarSense Explorer LT Series, such as the SSE LT 80AZ .
Allows the original smart phone dock of the LT series to be connected to a finder bracket of a telescope originating from Synta (Sky-Watcher, Orion, etc.) and other brands employing industry-standard finder bracket dimensions. Replaces the finder scope on your telescope.
With this Universal Finder Kit, you may now use the hugely-popular StarSense Explorer technology and app on any standard telescope!
How to install the kit:
1) Remove the dock from your original StarSense Explorer LT telescope
2) Connect the dock to the base plate using the 3 screws provided, with the center hole visible and facing downwards. Slightly tighten the screws till the connection is strong with no wobbling. Do NOT overtighten as it may damage the plastic threads of dock.
3) Connect this setup to the ball head and tighten top knob on ball head
4) Insert the whole structure into the finder bracket of your telescope. Do not allow the tightening knob on the ball head to collide with the screw on the bracket.
5) Adjust the level or angle of the setup accordingly by loosening the knob on ball head.
6) Enjoy stargazing!